The aim of the West Torrens Historical Society is to maintain our connection with the past by documenting our history and preserving the memories which link the past and the future together.
1. To preserve the history and memories of the West Torrens area.
2. To recognize and acknowledge the Kaurna people as the traditional inhabitants of the coastal plains we now occupy in the City of West Torrens.
3. To collect, research and record information and photographs relevant to the history of the area.
4. To provide access to the Society’s digitised collection via the City of West Torrens Library website.
5. To provide information and presentations of the history of West Torrens to interested organisations, groups and individuals
6. To publish a periodic newsletter “The West Torrens Historian”
7. To interview current and former residents in order to access and preserve precious memories of the past.
8. To hold regular monthly meetings and include where possible a guest speaker.
The West Torrens Historical Society acknowledges the co-operation received from the City of West Torrens and, in particular, the City of West Torrens Hamra Centre Library in supporting our ongoing project of digitizing all our records.